7 Monmouth Road, Oakhurst, NJ
Oldest section of house dates to 1756
Township of Ocean Historical Society Marker - 1976
NJ DEP - Historic Sight Inventory #1336-05
The Brinley Mill House at 7 Monmouth Road was built in the early 1700s for William Brinley, the miller. As the family grew and prospered, so did the house. The house and its barn were acquired by Thomas T. Kinney in the 1870s. Kinney's son William enlarged and remodeled it in 1900 for his family. In 1916, it was bought and added to the Frederick Frelinghuysen land. Today it is a private residence.
The Red Box in the middle indicates the original
1700's portion of the house.
This is the barn that used to be on the property.